Coinfan Terms; Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “SRR”) is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Coinfan, as well as Coinfan brands, products and services. By using or accessing the Coinfan, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 13 below.
This agreement was written in English (GB). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 14 contains certain changes to the general terms for users inside the United States.
Provisions Applicable to Coinfan Users
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Coinfan
By “Coinfan” or” Coinfan.net” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.coinfan.net and any other Coinfan branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions);(b) other media, brands, products, services, software, devices, or networks now existing or later developed. Coinfan reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Coinfan.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using Coinfan.
- By “post” we mean anything you post on Coinfan or otherwise make available by using Coinfan.
- By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Coinfan, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us.
- By ‘Channel’ we mean a forum in Coinfan.net titled as such, that is available to the public
- By ‘Private Channel’ we mean a forum in Coinfan.net titled as such, that is only available to members selected by the owner of that Channel
- By “Trademarks” we mean the list of names and marks provided here.
This Statement is an agreement between you and Coinfan Limited.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Coinfan, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Coinfan.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use Coinfan to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
4. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information (IP) you post on Coinfan Channels. You control how it is shared in Coinfan. In addition:
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time. It will not be available to others.
- When you publish content or information using a Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people not on Coinfan, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
We do our best to keep Coinfan safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Coinfan safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Coinfan.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Coinfan, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior express written permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Coinfan.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing advertisments of any kind including alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements).
- You will not use Coinfan to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Coinfan, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Coinfan functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
6. Registration and Account Security
Coinfan users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to Coinfan relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Coinfan, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If Coinfan disables your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your Public Channel for your own commercial gain.
- You will not use your Private Channel for your own commercial gain without express written permission of Coinfan.
- You will not use Coinfan if you are under 13.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our express written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
7. Protecting Other People’s Rights
Coinfan respects other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Coinfan that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Coinfan if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- Coinfan will help you protect your intellectual property rights. For further detail, see the Intellectual Property page.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our Copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on Coinfan.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users.
For further detail on the above, see Coinfan Community Standards
8. Mobile and Other Devices
Coinfan is available on mobile devices, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
9. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Coinfan
Coinfan delivers advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- Coinfan does not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
10. Special Provisions Applicable to Channels
If you create or administer either a Public Channel or a Private Channel on Coinfan, you may not run a promotion or an offer from your Channel, unless you agree to the Coinfan Channel Terms and without the express written permission of Coinfan.
11. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download or use Coinfan software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of Coinfan, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, Coinfan can stop providing all or part of Coinfan to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 4.1, 4.2, 5,6.7, 9, 13 and 14.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Coinfan exclusively in the Courts of England and Wales, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The Agreement and these Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Coinfan, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on Coinfan and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Coinfan. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Coinfan. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Coinfan.
- WE TRY TO KEEP COINFAN UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING COINFAN AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT COINFAN WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT COINFAN WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. COINFAN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR COINFAN, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR COINFAN WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, COINFAN’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SOFTWARE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE) MAY IN PARTICULAR JURISDICTIONS RESULT IN MONETARY DAMAGES AND OTHER CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
Updated 28 November 2017
Site ©2017 Coinfan. All rights reserved.