Coinfan Channels Terms
The following terms, as well as our Data Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, apply to all Channels on Coinfan. Additionally, all content on Pages must comply with our Community Standards. You are responsible for ensuring that your Channel complies with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations.
Any user may create a Channel.
- A Channel may be used to express support for or interest in a brand, entity (place or organisation) or public figure, provided that it does not mislead others into thinking that it is an official Channel for that entity, or violate someone’s rights.
- If your Channel is not the official Channel of a brand, entity (place or organisation) or public figure, you must:
- not speak in the voice of, or post content as if it was coming from, the authorised representative of the Channel’s subject matter; and
- make clear that the Channel is not the official Channel of the brand, entity (place or organisation) or public figure.
- A Channel for a brand, entity (place or organisation), or public figure may be administered only by an authorised representative of that brand, entity (place or organisation) or public figure (an “official Channel”).
- Content posted to a Public Channel is public and viewable by everyone who can see the Channel.
- Content posted to a Private Channel is only viewable by invitees of Channel owner.
- You are required to restrict access to a Private Channel (through our gating functionality) as necessary to comply with applicable laws and Coinfan policies, including our Community Standards.
2. Channel management
a) Channel names
- Channel names must accurately reflect Channel content. We may remove administrative rights or require you to change the Channel name for any Channel that fails to meet this requirement.
- Channel names must:
- not consist solely of generic terms (e.g. “beer” or “pizza”);
- use proper, grammatically correct capitalisation and may not include all capitals, except for acronyms;
- not include character symbols, such as excessive punctuation and trademark designations;
- not include superfluous descriptions or unnecessary qualifiers;
- not mislead others into thinking that it is an official Page of the Page’s subject matter or is authorised by an authorised representative of the Page’s subject matter; and
- not violate someone’s rights.
b) Collection of data
- If you collect content and information directly from users, you will make it clear that you (and not Coinfan) are collecting it, and you will provide notice about and obtain user consent for your use of the content and information that you collect. Regardless of how you obtain content and information from users, you are responsible for securing all necessary permissions to reuse their content and information.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Coinfan, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers) without prior express written permission from Coinfan.
- You may not use information obtained from a person’s interaction with your Call to Action for any purpose other than to provide the service associated with the Call to Action. If you want to use this information for any other purpose, you must first obtain that person’s explicit consent.
c) Branded content in Channels
- Branded content must comply with our Branded Content Policies.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including by ensuring that you provide all necessary disclosures to people using Coinfan, such as any disclosures needed to indicate the commercial nature of content posted by you.
Offers may only be created on Private Channels and only with the express written permission of Coinfan. If you create an offer, the following policies apply:
- offers must be available for a limited time.
- You may only run an offer if you are the merchant for or the manufacturer of the product or service you are promoting.
- You must clearly and prominently disclose any restrictions on your offer (such as the expiry date or limitations on redemption).
- You are solely responsible for improper redemption, fraud, disputes or other issues that arise from the distribution and/or redemption of your offer.
- If your offer may be redeemed at a merchant not operated by you, it is your sole responsibility to communicate with the merchant and ensure they honour your offer.
- You must only use the offer for its intended purpose and not to promote your website or other contact information, or to offer the equivalent of a gift card, gift certificate or stored value card.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your offer complies with these terms and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Offers are subject to many regulations, and if you are not certain that your offer complies with applicable law, consult an expert.
Promotions may only be created on Private Channels and only with the express written permission of Coinfan. If you create a promotion, the following policies apply:
- If you use Coinfan to communicate or administer a promotion (e.g. a contest or sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
- the official rules;
- offer terms and eligibility requirements (e.g. age and residency restrictions); and
- compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered (e.g. registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals).
- Promotions on Coinfan must include the following:
- A complete release of Coinfan by each entrant or participant.
- Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Coinfan.
- Promotions may be administered on Coinfan Private Channels.
- Coinfan will not assist you in the administration of your promotion, and you agree that if you use our service to administer your promotion, you do so at your own risk.
f) Channel content
- No Channel may promote the private sale of regulated goods or services (including firearms, alcohol, tobacco or adult products).
- No Channel may promote or facilitate online gambling, games of skill or lotteries, including online casinos, sport books, bingo or poker.
- No Channel may promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals.
- No Channel may contain false, misleading, fraudulent or deceptive claims or content.
You may not include third-party products, brands or sponsors within your Channel’s cover photo or profile picture.
Updated 28 November 2017